Welcome to Anderson Entertainment

Anderson Entertainment:
"A MOVEMENT IS NOT A MOVEMENT WITHOUT MOVEMENT."

Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Soldier's Story..

Verse One:
So, I'm walking across campus at my overpriced school,
I'm in a 'not so right' mood
Even though I'm a nice dude-
My attitude on this day could be attributed
to the fact I got left out when the loans got distributed-
My Psych book costs the same price as my Nikes, shook
I'm patting my pockets... "this is not a nice look"-
I'm from the land of the trap boys,
Fraternizing with Frat' boys who got parents with dough,
Apparantly so-
'Cause when it's time for Holidays they can pick up and go,
And with the money my Mama made- we spent Christmas' po'-
And so, I'm feeling shitty as I'm kicking up snow-
Then I hear a voice behind me say : "Excuse me but, yo.."
He said "I don't mean to be a pest, but you look kinda stressed,
Let me guess, your money's fucked up?" I said "More or less"-
He said "Check out this brochure,
Homie I'm so sure
Your life will change drastically if you go on tour."-
I said "What, are you a producer"-
He said "No, I'm a recruiter,
A-K shooter
Over seas looter-
Screaming out 'Hoo-ah' doing dirt for my ruler
I'm a student too, I major in computers,-
The only difference is my tuition is free,
You too can say the same if you come and kick it with me-
I ship out in two days, get back at me soon,"
With that I took the little leaflet back to my room.

Hook- (2x)
I'm the dude Uncle Sam pointed to on the posters,
Now I've got assault weapons strapped to my shoulders.... I'm a soldier.
This goes for anybody who is 18 or over,
With any amount of luck you too can be a soldier... I'm a soldier.

Verse Two
So I'm flipping through the pamphlet
Like, "Dog I gotta hand it to these government assholes, they've got this shit BRANDED",
Now I understand that alot of them are bandits
But it says right here that most soldiers don't ever need a bandage-
So I call up the recruiter dude.... "Homie, what's good?"
"Help me help my family move their homes out of the hood,"
He set me up with an appointment- I ain't even tell my Moms, 'cause my Dad was in the War
So she heard the shit before-
On that day he swore that in four years flat,
He'd come back and 'Voila' everything would be on track-
I tried to relax as they passed me the forms
My hands were shaken, clutching the Papermate pen- I was torn-
There was a dude standing over me, his uniform was worn
With a deep crease- and with a deeper voice he warned:
"Fighting for your country is a sign of your power,
And not doing so is a sign you're a coward"-
I couldn't make up my mind
Then he told me the part about the post-war benefits... I said "Where do I sign?"
I was doing fine until he told me the master plan:
"How does this sound... a nice trip to sunny Pakistan?"
----Nothing came out of my voice-
Then he said: "I'm only kidding, son.... YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE"
"Pack up your shit, because it's time to deploy,
Now go and get my money, little Duffle Bag Boy."

Hook (2x)
I'm the dude Uncle Sam pointed to on the posters,
Now I've got assault weapons strapped to my shoulder.... I'm a soldier.
And this goes for anybody who is 18 or over,
With any amount of luck, you too can be a soldier... I'm a soldier.

Verse Three
Now it's 120 degrees,
I'm wearing fatigues,
Fighting for some shit with which I don't agree-
Americans need gas in their SUVs
So "eff" with me, I'll turn your whole village to refugees-
I'm a soldier boy up in this shit,
My sergeant made me switch my pitch-
Now watch me crank that Rumsfeld and Kosovo this bitch-
I've got grenades, blades, land mines and rifles
No kevlar, my only protection is my Bible-
I spot one of my rivals,
He opened his jacket up like Michael-
Then BOOOOM! The medics checking my vitals-
No chance of my survival- and to make the shit sad...
All they gave my Mama was a folded up flag.

I'm a soldier.
"A Soldier's Story" taken from the LP "MR ANDERSON'S OPUS"
Available this fall

No comments:

Post a Comment